2023 Season Schedule – UPDATES coming in 2023
- The pool will be open for the following days prior to full time operation: To Be Determined (TBD)
- The pool will be open for full time operation (7 days a week) Starting TBD
- Any plans for extending the season or unscheduled operation or closings will be shared in our newsletter.
Hours of Operation
- Pool hours are as follows:
- Main Pool: Mon – Thurs 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm; Fri – Sun 12:00 pm – 8:30pm
- Baby Pool: Opens at 11:00 every day
- Lifeguards will blow a warning whistle to clear the pool at the designated closing time. You are requested to be off the premises within 15 minutes of closing. THIS INCLUDES PICKING UP CHILDREN.
- Home swim meets will modify normal hours of operation as follows: (SEE SWIM TEAM SCHEDULE FOR DATES OF HOME MEETS.)
- Evening meets – the pool will close at 4:00 p.m.
- Morning meets (usually Sat.) – the pool will not open until the grounds have been cleared and members re-admitted.
- The pool may be closed due to inclement or unseasonable weather at the discretion of the manager, or the head guard on duty. In the case of thunder or lightning the pool, pool deck, and grounds will close for 30 minutes.
- The pool may close early for club events and parties. This will be communicated in advance via the newsletter and signage at the entrance.
- Members will be admitted to the grounds only on presentation of their membership card (for scanner) or their name to the staff member at the desk.
- Child members – 11 years of age and under. Child members 7 – 11 yrs old must be accompanied by an adult OR a Junior Member within their own household (e.g. older sibling) to be admitted onto pool grounds. Child members under the age of 7 must be accompanied by only an adult member to be admitted onto pool grounds.
- Junior Members – 12-15 years of age. No adult accompaniment is required. Children under 16 may not purchase single memberships.
- Adult members – 16 years of age and over.
- Membership cards (2 cards per family membership) will be issued at the beginning of each season. Members can pick up their cards on their first arrival to the club.
- All guests must be accompanied by a sponsoring member. All guest names will be logged and stored into our eSoft system. The same guest can only attend a maximum of 5 times during a season (Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day Weekend)
- It is the member’s responsibility to inform his guests of the rules and regulations of the Pool.
- Guest fee is $10 per guest (weekdays and weekends). After 5pm, guest fee is $5 per guest.
- ‘Child Care Pass’ add-on, for non-household caregiver: $70, limit one per family. May be added when purchasing family membership. These are not full-privilege membership and are designed to allow caregivers to accompany children to the club.
Health and Safety
REFER TO THE COVID-19 PAGE TO VIEW OUR COMPLIANCE PLAN
- The lifeguard is trained to ensure safety of all patrons and is in charge. Lifeguards will enforce posted rules as well as use their discretion to create and enforce other rules
- All bathers should shower before entering the pool.
- Running, wrestling, ball playing, etc. are forbidden on the pool apron. WELL GAMES MUST BE APPROVED BY THE POOL MANAGER.
- No hard balls in the pool, this includes tennis balls, baseballs, and lacrosse balls
- NO SMOKING on club grounds or parking lot.
- Eating, drinking and gum chewing ARE NOT PERMITTED on the pool apron or in the water. The pool apron extends approximately 10 feet from the pool edge around the entire pool.
- Admission to the pool may be denied to persons with skin abrasions or infections, colds, coughs, inflamed eyes or wearing bandages.
- No diving in the shallow end
- Only one person will be allowed on the diving board at one time. For the diving board, waiting divers must remain on the apron until the previous divers have entered the water.
- Multiple bouncing on the diving boards is prohibited.
- Swimmers must dive straight off the diving board and then proceed to the wall
- Diving boards may be closed off for 20 minutes for diving well games
- All swimmers wishing to use the diving board must complete a deep end test
This includes a 25 meter swim, 1 minute of treading water, jumping off the diving board, then swimming to the wall.
- No diapers or swim diapers in the main pool
- All floatation devices must be approved by management. Devices must not easily come off such as a life jacket or floating belt. Single arm floats and noodles are not permitted.
- The lifeguards are present for your protection. Talking and loitering at the stands diverts their attention and is therefore prohibited.
- Members must clean their area at ALL TIMES and place all waste material.
- The safety steps are provided as a service to members who cannot use the regular ladders. Sitting, standing, loitering or any other use is prohibited.
- Bicycles, skateboards, skates, scooters, etc. are not permitted on the grounds at any time.
- All members, guests and their children use the pool and club facilities at their own risk.
- Park only in the main lot; the side lot is reserved for Strings ‘n’ Things customers only
- Drive slowly and carefully in parking lot and entrance way. Speed limit is 5mph.
- The use of the baby pool is restricted to children under 7 years of age. Children using this pool must be supervised by an adult. (Lifeguards do not continually monitor the wading pool.)
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear properly fitting swim diapers. Children who are not toilet trained are confined to the kiddie pool and are not permitted in the main pool. Young children who have difficulty using the club’s facilities or who are unable to manage their clothing after using the facilities must be accompanied by a parent on their bathroom visitations.
- Pets are not allowed on the grounds at any time.
- The club will not be responsible for loss or damage of personal property. Valuables cannot be checked at the admission desk. The club will not be responsible for any valuables inadvertently left overnight. Personal property (towels, jackets, shoes, etc.) will be held for two weeks after which time it will be disposed of by the manager.
- Persons under the influence (or suspicion of influence) of intoxicants will be denied admission to the grounds.
- No glass containers permitted on the pool grounds.
- No alcohol.
- Smoking, loitering, eating, playing in or any abuse of the locker room facilities is prohibited.
- These rules may be changed at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
Code of Conduct
The Fort Washington Swim & Tennis Club ( “the Club”) is a community-owned, member-driven swim and tennis club dedicated to providing an inclusive, safe, and fun experience to our members, staff and community developing lifelong friendships and community bonds.
Participation in our membership is subject to the observance of the Club’s rules and regulations. The activities outlined below are strictly prohibited. Any member or staff member who violates this code is subject to discipline, up to and including removal from the Club, membership suspension and/or termination.
- Abusive language towards a staff member, volunteer or another member.
- Possession or use of illegal drugs on Club’s property
- Bringing onto the Club’s property dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, weapons or other similar items.
- Discourtesy or rudeness to a fellow member, staff member or volunteer.
- Verbal, physical or visual harassment of another member, staff member or volunteer.
- Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group.
- Conduct endangering the life, safety, health or well-being of others.
- Failure to follow any policy or procedure.
- Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any member, staff or volunteer.
Members and staff are expected to agree to abide by the rules described above and understand that they may be suspended or removed as a member of the Club if they violate any of these rules.
Our Pool Manager possesses full authority to enforce rules and regulations. Temporary (single day) suspensions (e.g. kids sent home for mis-behaving) will be enforced by our pool manager.
The current board will decide on the severity of any multi-day suspension or member termination in a timely manner.
- Majority vote of all board members required for member suspension
- Unanimous vote of all board members required to revoke membership.